Sunday, August 5, 2007

Fourth Week

I haven't been writing much since I've finally gotten used to Chinese culture. One day I just woke up and said, I get it. "If you can't beat em, join em" and its been happy go lucky since. We went to Wenzhou where we got to enjoy the beach scenery and Carribbean temperature. The highlight of my trip was doing a skit with Siwen and Caoyin. My baimawangzi and huangdi were so cute up there! It's all on CD, so you can watch it when I get back.

Let's see there were three consecutive birthdays this week. Meng Xue's birthday, I ended up staying at my su she to study for our weekly exam. Ye lian's shi you's birthday was next. We went to a chinese nightclub! Unfortunately all the songs were just trance, I didn't recognize songs. I love watching chinese people dance. They just nod their heads. But everyone in C ban was hot! Who knew they could dance after drinking alittle Haerbin. Haha. Rong wan's birthday was somewhat fuza because of alittle romance going on between tong wu's. Funny if you aren't involved in a love triangle.

I went to XichengGuangChang last week and rediscovered my love for DDR. Sure its not four directional buttons, there are 3. You also swing your hand at some point. Its relatively easier than US DDR, but these events always attract crowds. So I played and kicked ass. Yep.

I plan to watch Jay Chou's new movie. When did I realize I have an obsession for Jay Chou? I literally have his entire sticker collection. Who could blame me? It was less than an American dollar. It was really funny because the other day I was really mad at Xiao Zhu for breaking a promise, but I didn't say I was mad. When he invited me to watch a Jay Chou performance, I said I was busy. Then he bought me Zhen Zhu Nai Cha and asked me to forgive him. That has never happened before. I think Chinese people are very perceptive.

I found badminton courts. I played against Xiao Zhu, Si wen's tong wu, and Jiang Cong, Shi Bing Kun's tong wu. I can tell Xiao Zhu has alot less experience, but he learned how to smash after 30 minutes, so point wise he beat Jiang Cong. But Jiang Cong is definitely more skilled. We played and it was tons of fun. Then a couple of old geysers came in and showed us how to really play. Literally, they did clear shots with no opportunity to smash. I was really excited to see real Badminton players play Badminton.

I think I am falling in love with China day by day. Everyday I see reasons why the atmosphere is good for me. Sure its a little less convenient than America, but there's so much to learn about people and the culture. I think I'm becoming better at bargaining and you know what, I'm starting to wear Chinese clothes. Not the biggest thing, but my image is changing. Caoyin and I are going to Shanghai during the weekend. Its going to be fun!

I've gone to a massage parlor twice within the past two weeks. Its called an mo, and if you only want a foot massage, its zu yu. It costs 8 US dollars for 70 minutes. Oh my god it is just amazing!

This weekend we're going to KTV. I don't think most students in CET recognize the songs, but its ok. We'll read the words that we recognize and murmur the rest. Luckily I grew up in an environment with chinese music. I just love karaoke.

Ok I gotta purchase my train tickets to Shanghai and somehow fit in my guzheng lessons. Its gotten harder nowadays but I think its because the music is alot more traditional and I appreciate the modern songs.

Apparently I have some visa troubles back in the states. Don't deport me!

No comments: