Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tuesday August 21st

Headed off to Beijing in a couple of hours. Siwen went to sleep (not sure if its because of his narcolepsy or if its because he anticipates our 16 hour ride sitting down is going to be HELL). I think I'll sleep too. We're going to stay at a Youth Hostel for two days at Huohai in Beijing, in a mixed dorm, so I'm excited and nervous.

I'm going to miss Hangzhou. I visited most of the places with the exception of the Silk Museum and Zhejiang University (the campus three times as big). My legs are sore. With all of these blisters, eek! Jiang Cong and Xiao Zhu came today to say their good byes. They don't understand that I'm not coming back. LOL. They kept saying come visit next year or before they get married. I decided to take a few photos so they can be in my thoughts. After all, Xiao Zhu helped me do my homework (albeit the bubble tea most nights isn't exactly healthy but its mian fei) and Jiang Cong's convoluted life made hanging out in Caoyin's fangjian all the more memorable. I used to tell them we can make time. But its the expenditure and the fact that my future isn't in China. At least I'm 95% sure. So what if my dormitory looks like a crapshoot? It's been my home for a month.

Au revoir, Hangzhou!

No comments: