Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Nanjing - August 30th

We're finally in Nanjing! It's awesome! Our hostel is right in the middle of a business area so we went shopping all day and I found clothes I liked. These clothes look so western and I just went crazy buying $1-10 USD shirts. We sat on yin zuo seats for seven hours and my behind is still very sore from the experience. Not as bad as the overnight ride from Hangzhou to Beijing, but still yin zuo can get irritating very quickly. I can't get that Xi Shua Shua song out of my head. I listened to Jenn's Ipod today and learned to appreciate Wang Lee Hom's music, I think its called "Hua Tian Cuo", but you know I still like Jay Chou. I can't believe in three days we traveled through Shanghai, Hangzhou (to pick up luggage and experience the west lake where I pung dao Jiang Cong AND Zhang Fan), AND Nanjing. People at Penn are about to start school. Hahaha. I'm glad I will be here for another four months. I really enjoy learning more about China and I just need a longer break from the Wharton curriculum.

I like staying at new hostels everyday. There's something to appreciate about the fu wu and the location. Yesterday, at the West Lake Youth Hostel, they treated me like family. They were like, "You're back!" and we recounted memories on how my mom lost her passport and how my parents left me at Zhejiang University of Technology a month before. Last month I ordered the vegetable omelette, this month I ordered the chicken curry. I like Indian food. It tastes like my mom's ga li and is flavorful. I eat too much bread and Hong Dou. Hong Dou is also a really good song by Wang Fay. I can't get that song out of my head either.

Tomorrow we're going to the Ming Tombs and explore the historical sites of Nanjing (Nanjing Da Tu Sha Memorial). I have more to say about Shanghai and Hangzhou but I think my 5rmb/hour on blogger is over. So the next time I fu qian, I will write! Au revoir.

No comments: